Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Even on a good day...

moving is tough

There isn't anyway around it.  I am extroverted, love adventure, enjoy trying new things.  But... moving is tough.

There are a ton of things I LOVE about moving.  I love the chance to learn a new culture (yes it varies in each state in the USA).  I love the chance to learn about new to me things (like the snorkle truck here in NW Ohio).  I love new people.

My favorite holiday is New Years.  Possibility abounds!  The chance to begin again.  Resolutions and a clean calendar waiting to be filled!  MY FAVORITE.

Knowing that, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that I view moving much in the same way.  This is a great time to reinvent me,  my priorities and goals.  I will be meeting new people who won't expect me to react, behave, answer, respond in a certain way.  I can change things about me and no one will miss the old me!!!

We have been so busy packing, trying to sell the house, finding a new place to live and just plain old living for me to reflect much on who I want to be in our new world.  As I pack our boxes today I have reflected on who I will be in one week.  What will our new "norms" be?

I don't know yet, but I am excited to see what they are and who I will get to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment