Sunday, October 26, 2014

Successes - Focus Christi-San

Today was my second week to weigh in at Weight Watchers.  I joined last week online and showed up to weigh in on Saturday morning.  I wasn't sure how things would go and didn't have much hope of anything being different this time.

I have become a runner in the last 10 months.  Started in a running group in January and even through injuries and sickness I am a runner!  But I am not a loser of weight.  Nope, not one teeny tiny ounce.  So, I decided I needed to try something else.

Today I weighed in and the scale says my first week is a 4.8 lb loss!  TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!

Then our leader started talking and she didn't dwell on what we did wrong or how we lost track or anything about our failures.

She stood in front of us and asked "what were your successes?"  I was ready to confess my failures.  I was all set to hang my head in shame as I recall all the times this week I forgot I was on WW and ate things I had no clue how to turn into points.  I walked in knowing how I had not been perfect.

What were your successes?

it was like the pinprick of light which grows.  I started thinking of all the successes I had.

I completed a full week of WW and didn't starve, die or quit.
I shopped for healthy food
I chopped said food for hours on Sunday evening
I made freezer oats
I made Mason Jar Salads
I ate fruit at each meal
I didn't snack at night
I ate the kids scoop of ice cream instead of a double
I drank more than 8 glasses of water each day
I tracked my WW points
I ran one night
I got more sleep
I tried a few new recipes

The list is long of my successes, yet I only saw my failures.  Why?

I went to WW to lose physical weight but I get the feeling there will be other weights lifted as I continue along this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment